Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wow, time has flown. Can't believe it's already been a month! As I've mentioned before, I am so ready a re-twist and wash. I have managed to avoid the itchies but then again, I haven't done much to my hair. I spritz my babies as needed with an oil and water mixture and that's it! Also, as previously discussed, I usually cover my hair when heading out of the house.

What I have not been immune to is the frizzies. There are strands of hair that are completely loose and I have no idea from which loc baby they came! So glad I'm going to a loctitian; I don't have the knowledge yet or patience to re-create my parts. The frizzies came about just with normal wear and tear. I've exacerbated the issue over the past two weeks by working up a sweat exercising. Yes, the increased movement is part of my 2011 goals but I plan on sticking with the plan so I may need to up my learning curve on home maintenance. At the very least, I'll ask for recommendations on rinsing/washing hair between re-twists.

As far as work is concerned, I haven't received any negative feedback but I also keep my hair covered. On the flip side, a nurse who I don't know approached me to ask when I was going to let my hair out. She missed  my curls. Too sweet. I kinda miss my curls, too.

Here's the current state of my hair at one month. These pics were snapped this morning after my workout.









The coils themselves are holding on; just can't believe the amount of loose hair. As messy as the process is, I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the coils taking on the appearance of locs!

- kareen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 loczurious.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.