Saturday, December 17, 2011

I'm so ready to get my second set of locs. I've spent the past couple of weeks re-watching YouTube vids for loc inspiration, especially those featuring starters on short hair. I was especially inspired by Kim at I Rock Locs. Be sure to check out her vids if you haven't already. That's probably the length my hair will be when I start.

Here's my current length without any product and combed out.
Can you tell? I've finally lost some weight! 


My regimen is simple. I wash my hair 2x/week with Burt's Bees Super Shiny. I wet my hair daily and while I will miss the ease of short hair, I'm looking forward to starting my loc journey.


I use Africa's Best Herbal Oil to add moisture after washing. For styling I alternate between Eco Styler, Oyin Handmade's Burnt Sugar Pomade or their Shine and Define.


I'm going to call the two loctitians that were recommended to me next week to make appointments in January. Hopefully I vibe with one of them but I'm ready to keep going until I find the right person that's not too far. 

Happy, safe and blessed holidays to you and your family!

- kareen

4 comments:

Chizzy D said...

what type of locs do you plan on getting? sisterlocs, regular, freeform, semi-freeform

Kareen said...

Regular ones but I would like to venture into semi-freeform.

Adri said...

I'm excited to follow this process Kareen. I'm excited that you're back in an area where you can find a bunch loctitians :) I think that will help you reach your goal!

Kareen said...

Thanks for stopping by on your hiatus Adri :) I'm looking forward to the journey!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 loczurious.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.