Saturday, February 12, 2011

Okay, I'm not really becoming a PJ. I'm definitely in the less is more camp with loc maintenance but after spending the last year and a half watching every possible Youtube video on locs, it's only natural for my interest to be piqued in what's available on the market, right? Right? Truthfully I'm surprised that I don't already have a cabinet full of products!

After I made it through my first self-wash and re-twist unscathed, my desire to try some products went into high gear. Well, three products in particular: Oyin Handmade's Burnt Sugar Pomade and Shine & Define; and Nubian Kinks' Locing Pomade. 

I received the Oyin products about a week after placing my order. The fragrance for both products is divine. Even my husband commented that they smelled good enough to eat! I'm excited to wash and re-twist my hair just so I can try them out. Crazy, right? 


I bought these two product after watching quotidianlight's Youtube review on the great re-twisting results she experienced by mixing them together. Definitely worth a watch!


While I know of Nubian Kink's shipping issues, I couldn't resist purchasing their Locing Pomade. Even with the reports of poor customer service, no one can knock their product so I have to try it. I'm not in a rush. I placed my order on January 30th. I received an initial email confirming my order and this week I received a second email with a tracking number and a message that the product had shipped two days ago. So I think they are making progress on improving their customer service. I'll be sure to update when I receive my package. 

Have a great weekend!

- kareen

4 comments:

Naturaleza said...

Well, I'll be looking forward to the posts/pics on the do and the product evaluation. I'm gonna join the bandwagon, too...just as soon as I figure out exactly which product to begin with. LOL

But for sure, I want to know about the OYIN.

And a good weekend to you, too.

i_amEatingRight said...

I'll definitely post a review!

Naturaleza said...

Hi, Kareen. I was actually looking for your email address. But, have you gotten any word about your winnings? Let me know.

i_amEatingRight said...

No word yet on the winnings. Hoping soon! My email is iameatingright at gmail dot com.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 loczurious.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.